We believe that we are called to be Doorkeepers of the House of the Lord to ensure that every person is greeted with a warm welcome, seated comfortably and provided with a bulletin to familiarize them with the order of service. We are also alert to actions surrounding the church and the congregation (such as fire or sickness).
The usher vision is four-fold
- To increase the total number of committed Ushers
- View all ushers practicing radical hospitality
- Re-establish the junior ushers’ ministry.
- To be unified in all areas within the ministry of ushering
…Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere: I would rather be a doorkeeper in house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10
May we, in Church today fulfill our assignment in a CHRIST-LIKE way? Effective in each and everything we do. Understanding by the way we feel, helpful in our attitudes: Make us co-workers with the pastor, the church musicians, the teachers, the members and most of all Lord, with Thee. In the Name of Jesus WE pray.
- Prepare the next leader of the Ushers’ Ministry (AN ONGOING MINISTRY)
- Recognition banquet every third year (Give flower while they can be seen)
Practice Radical Hospitality
- Responsibilities of each office
- Different techniques in Ushering
- Provide written guidelines for all ushers
- Game nights
- Mentoring Activities
- Keep a current list of all who have been honored.
- Keep a current membership roster.
- Keep a current list of those recognized by the organization